Times are a-changin’ for one of the teams in North London. After going several centuries without winning any silverware, it seemed as if Arsenal fans were on the verge of dying from dehydration. The thirst for trophies was making otherwise reasonable people act like they were in desperate need of rabies shots. But now, for the second season running, Arsenal, last year’s FA Cup winner, is bringing home another real, actual trophy. Arsenal is the 2014-15 FA Cup Champion.
Although there are a few Arsenal players — Mesut Özil and Per Mertesacker — who’ve reacently won other obscure trophies (2014 World Cup championships), most of the squad is just getting used to winning things. That much is clear from the trophy celebrations.
Here are a few observations from the celebrations:
1. Mascots are supposed to just entertain, but Gunnersaurus is going to get his.
2. Olivier Giroud sometimes has Francis Coquelin tell him stories about how great Olivier Giroud is.
3. Somebody stop Olivier Giroud. And look at that goddamn part. That’s so serious. Won’t even talk about the frosted tips.
4. Unsurprisingly, Alexis Sanchez is still running. Tell him the trophy is secured.
5. Theo Walcott needs to remember how easily he gets injured. Theo Walcott needs to immediately go to the ice bath, not the champagne room.
6. Haha. Olivier, stop it. Giroud’s trying to seduce the FA Cup to try to get it to go home with him.
7. Oh no. This is someone looking for something to ash into. Forget trying to stop Giroud. Stop Wilshere, ASAP.
8.😢 😢 Alexis is still looking for places to run. Don’t worry, Copa America is around the corner.
9. Oops. My bad. Must have included the wrong picture.
10. Ah, this is the one I was looking for. Congrats, Arsene. You did it again.