Aussie Science Facts:
- Water goes down the toilet the wrong way when you flush in Australia;
- The duck-billed platypus is not a bird;
- No one in Australia actually drinks Foster’s beer;
- Tim Cahill is 173 years old; and,
- Australian gravity is only 30 percent as strong as American gravity, because it’s upside down.
For visual evidence of the most intriguing of these facts, witness this David Mullen, defender for A-League’s Newcastle Jets, launch a wide-open attempt on goal into orbit with the slightest touch: