Last Modified: December 14, 2015.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Use of Your Information by Fusion
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- Legal Disclaimer
- Your Controls and Choices
- Online Tracking Technologies
- Data Security and Integrity
- Links to 3rd Party Sites
- Social Media Widgets
- Comments and Questions
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal and anonymous information and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information . We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you sign up to receive Fusion Updates / Newsletter, including your first name and surname, and email address
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications
- Information sent through comments, postings or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address , where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
2. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms. Please visit Online Tracking and Advertising for further information.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by Fusion
Fusion will be the data controller for your information. Along with Fusion, other Fusion Entities, which include ABC News Ventures LLC and Univision Networks & Studios, Inc., will have access to your information, unless prohibited under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your newsletter subscription with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please visit Online Tracking and Advertising Array.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like sending newsletters and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law and are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to https://fusion.tv.
5. Legal Disclaimer
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- if Fusion is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
6. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information. If your: (i) personal information changes, (ii) if you no longer desire to receive our newsletters, or (iii) if you want to correct, update, amend, delete, or asked to be removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial, if applicable, on our site, you can do so by contacting Website Services (email@example.com). We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at Website Services.
7. Online Tracking Technologies
- Technologies such as: cookies, first and third party identifiers, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Fusion and our partners (e.g. marketing partners, advertising partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users™ movements around the site and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. For example, certain Google Analytics Advertising Features are implemented on our site.
- We may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and/or site functionality.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
9. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Party Sites
Our site and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
12. Social Media Features Widgets
If you choose to use our Share the Wealth feature, we will ask you for your friends name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Fusion does not store this information.
14. Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents:
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Fusion to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us:
CA Privacy Rights
8551 NW 30th Terrace
Doral, FL 33122
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our users.
Data Controller. The data controller is Fusion Media Network, LLC 8551 NW 30th Terrace, Doral, FL 33122 email@example.com
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
Fusion Entities. The Fusion Entities refers to: Fusion Media Network, LLC; ABC News Ventures LLC; and Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individuals name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Website Services.
16. Website Services Contact Information
8551 NW 30th Terrace, Doral, FL 33122
United States of America
Send an email to Website Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that Fusion not responded to your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you may contact the United States Federal Trade Commission through its online consumer complaint form available here.